Conferences, short courses, and educational opportunities
The dates and locations for the state-wide meetings with the new enology extension educator, Molly Kelly, have been finalized:
- Northeast: April 5, 2018 Nimble Hill Winery, 219 Windswept Lane, Mehoopany, PA 18629 (Updated address)
- Southwest: April 25, 2018, Glades Pike Winery, 2208 Glades Pike (Rt. 31), Somerset, PA 15501
- South Central: April 26, 2018, Penn State Fruit Research and Extension Center, 290 University Dr., Biglerville, PA 17307
- ***Northwest: May 3, 2018, South Shore Winery, 1120 Freeport Rd. Rt. 89, Northeast PA 16428*** Change in location
- Southeast: May 9th, 2018, Clover Hill Vineyards and Winery, 9850 Newtown Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
All sessions will be from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm.
Please contact Molly at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please register by clicking on the link. https://extension.psu.edu/wine-faults-sensory-training-meetings (if link does not open, copy and paste into your browser’s address bar).
These sessions will include wine faults sensory training, a question and answer period and a tour of the host winery (if applicable). Attendees are also invited to bring one bottle of cellared wine to be assessed blindly by the group.
Sessions in Biglerville and Erie will include an additional optional sensory session with researchers from Penn State. They will be running a short sensory exercise after the meet and greet. They are studying the sensory characteristics of white wines in Pennsylvania and hope to survey wine professionals in order to compare responses with wine consumers. Your input will assist with important research that will directly impact the Pennsylvania wine industry.
These meetings are FREE!
Penn State Berks Online Wine Making Certificate Program. Classes throughout spring and fall 2018: Penn State Berks Wine Making Certificate Program