Industry job opportunities
Please note: In order to keep our list current, we will post position announcements for a three-month period. If your position is still open after three months, we will gladly update your posting. Please send your announcement as a Microsoft Word document to Kathy Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
August 6, 2018
White Horse Winery
White Horse winery located in Hammonton, New Jersey, is a small, rapidly growing winery focusing on high quality old-world style wines.
We are a small, diverse, tight-knit team that is looking for a motivated, experienced, and hard-working intern for the 2018 vintage. The main focus of this position will be work in the cellar, but responsibilities may include all aspects of small-lot winemaking, and some vineyard and harvest work. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with our winemaker and assistant winemaker and learn all aspects of wine production. As we are growing and expanding, a successful internship could lead to continued employment.
We have a focused and studious approach to our winemaking and expect the same from our interns. It is expected that interns will mirror our attention to detail and methodology.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inoculation and additions
- Maintaining Fermentation records
- Equipment and Tank Sanitation
- Crushing, Sorting, Destemming
- Cap management / punch downs / pump overs
- Other jobs as necessary
- Be able to work on ladders and at heights
- Have a reliable source of transportation
- Have a clean driver’s record
- Have a willingness to perform other jobs functions as required
- Have a commitment to safety, productivity and a good attention to detail.
- Be able to Lift 50lbs and to push or pull 100lbs
- Adhere to all established safety protocols
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Duration: September through November 2018. Possibly longer depending on harvest season. Position could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to: email@example.com please include the words, “Harvest Intern” in the subject of the e-mail. Thank you, BJ
July 23, 2017
Logan’s View Winery
Winery Assistant Job Requirements
Part time position 15-‐18+ hours/week Report to Winemaker & Winery Manager
- Position requires testing the wine through tasting, therefore successful applicant will need to be at least 21 years of
- Move and lift up to 50 pound containers, up to 150 containers perprocess
- Be able to safely climbladders
- Safely bendover toworkonfloor-‐level equipmentWinerySanitation
- Follow general provisions in Logan’s View Winery Cleaning and Sanitizing ProceduresGrape and FruitProcessing
- Process grapes, fruit and juices asdirected
- Transfer wet pomace from bins intopresses
- Stand for extended periods of time on concretefloor
- Work safely in various temperatureconditions
- Work safely in wetconditions
- Assist in safely setting up and operating presses, destemming machine, hoses,pumps
- Assist in maintenance and repair of all equipment as directedWineProcessing
- Process wines as directed during racking, filtration, fining,packaging
- Assist in maintenance and repair of all equipment asdirected
- Assist in safely setting up and operating pumps, hoses, filters, packaging equipmentMiscellaneous
- Safely perform any other duties which may beassigned
- Safely operatetruck
- Hold current valid driver’slicense
- Safely operate golfcart
- Hourly wage negotiated at time ofhiring
Please contact Jan Markel winery manager; Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org